Insurance Jewel Appraisals in Wilmington, NC
In the world of jewelry, insuring your prized possessions is an absolute must!
As our customer, you won’t have to look any further than our jewelry services to appraise your jewelry. All jewelry appraisals are performed by a certified GIA Gemologist, as well as a qualified jeweler.
Jewelry appraisals can be made by appointment or walk-in. Customers who walk in for jewelry appraisal may need to leave their item at the store overnight or until the appraisal can be completed. Perry’s Emporium ensures the safe and secure handling of any item that is entrusted to us.
We give estimates for replacement of your items for your insurance company in the event your fine jewelry is lost, stolen, or damaged. Like our jewelry repair services, our insurance jewelry appraisal services include a complete record of the details of any item being appraised, as well as a copy of documentation for the owner of the item. A copy of this document can also be sent to your insurance company as soon as the appraisal is complete.
Perry’s Emporium is happy to provide insurance jewelry appraisals for your precious items. Jewelry appraisals at our store in Wilmington, NC are performed by a GIA certified Graduate Gemologist and a qualified jeweler. When you are bringing your items to be appraised, you are able to leave your jewelry with us where it will stay safe and secure until your jewelry appraisal is complete or you may schedule an appointment and wait for your jewelry to be appraised that day.
For every jewelry appraisal, we take photos of the item(s), identify and measure all stones quality, color and weights. One copy is given to you to keep and another copy is given for you to provide your insurance company.
Updated Appraisal Fees 8/25/2020
- Jewelry under 2 carats, chains, gold pieces, and charm bracelets without breakdown
- First piece – $95
- Each additional – $55
- Jewelry over 2 carats, pave jewelry, jewelry with multiple stones, colored stone jewelry requiring identification
- First Piece – $125
- Each additional – $95
- *Appraisals typically take 2 weeks to complete. Expedited appraisals can be completed while you wait in the store. The charge for this service is $125 for the first piece and $95 for the second piece (maximum 2 pieces).
- *Limit is 5 pieces at a time.
- *We do not do watch appraisals, we apologize for this inconvenience.